7.22.2014

the season finale




What now?
This could conclude our program
End with a clinching finale
I could cease to spontaneously create new patterns of words ordered in ways they hadn't ever been before
...
Well, maybe I'm a cynic
But that wasn't the best ending
Kinda left you hanging, didn't it?
So you know what?
I'm going to keep going
Keep on writing about nothing
Keep on rambling 
And shouting at the world 
And singing to the sky
Because although I love you
I love you more than you'll ever know
There's more to me than you.
I guess I was wrong. You don't define me, you complement me. You add to me.
And I am not incomplete without you.
If I sound flippant, please do not mistake that for anger or apathy.
Because you know what?
I can be happy.
And I'm happy about being happy.
Life, if you don't take it so dreadfully seriously, can be a little fun.
There's all sorts of things out there.
And I'm going to find them.
And I know, that just because I am happy now, doesn't mean I won't cry myself to sleep tomorrow. 
I hope I won't.
But that's the thing about being human...
You never really know.
And I think, 
I hope,
That I'm finally willing to accept that.

So here goes nothing
And everything
I'll end up writing whatever the hell I want to.
Which, I guess, is what I should've been doing all along.


 

  



No comments:

Post a Comment